Network Forum (2013–2018)
The Stanford Network Forum invited workshop participants to engage in a more holistic process oriented towards social science research and theory. We assisted researchers to:
- conceptualize theories and concepts in relational terms;
- conceive of research designs that link relational theories to relational data; and
- analyze relational data using network methods.
Consistent with this process, the Forum organized three kinds of activities:
- early-stage roundtables where researchers could present and discuss their concepts, theories, and possible research designs;
- mid-stage tutorials customized around the particular methods researchers require for data collection and data analysis (webscraping, relational survey design, network analysis); and
- late-stage presentations of polished work demonstrating this process from beginning to end.