What is the CSS Certificate?
The certificate is a series of 6 classes that train students in computational techniques that are most useful for social science research. Students will receive a certificate of accomplishment upon completion.
Who is eligible?
All Stanford graduate students in the social sciences and the Graduate School of Education may apply.
- Computer science classes: CS 106A-B
- 1 introductory course in computational social science
- 1 course in network science
- 1 course in natural language processing
- 1 interdisciplinary project-based directed research course
Specific courses are listed on the requirements page