What is the CSS Certificate?
The certificate is a series of 6 classes that train students in computational techniques that are most useful for social science research. Students will receive a certificate of accomplishment upon completion.
Who is eligible?
All Stanford graduate students in the social sciences and the Graduate School of Education may apply.
- Computer science classes: CS 106A-B
- 1 introductory course in computational social science
- 1 course in network science
- 1 course in natural language processing
- 1 interdisciplinary project-based directed research course
Specific courses are listed on the requirements page
Applying to the Program
Please fill out and submit the short CSS Application Form to participate in the Computational Social Science Certificate Program.